Strange behaviour

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by multi_med multi_med 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #14655
    multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

    Hi, I’ve noticed strange behaviour of the plugin.
    When I scroll to see the results of the search and I get to the end of the results, the box with results moves into the left of the screen and no other search is possible until I refresh the page.
    What can be the problem?

    #14660
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi!

    It is because on page scrolling the menu gets hidden, and the results box is not longer able to find the search bar, so it is re-positioned.
    There is an option on the back-end, which might help you. Try enabling this: https://i.imgur.com/Wxh1UQp.png

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #14661
    multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

    Hi, Thanks but that doesn’t work. I’ve enabled that option but still the results box diseapers somewhere. What’s worse the search doesn’t work after that.

    #14662
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    That is even worse, because it’s not solvable with any option or code within the search – as it is caused by the menu. The search simply gets removed from the DOM tree by the menu script, which also causes all the javascript handlers to be deleted. It does not simply hide the search node, but completely deletes it from the document, and it looks like, whenever I scroll back to the top it gets copied back.

    Please check this video as proof. To prove it, I’m changing the ‘placeholder’ text to ‘TEST’ before I scroll down the screen. If the menu does not touch the search node, it will not change at all, and that is what should happen normally. But as you can see, it reverts back to ‘SZUKAJ…’, which means that the whole section is altered (probably replaced with a copy), resulting in loss of every previously attached event handlers – which breaks the search, or any 3rd party element that uses scripts for interaction: https://youtu.be/kRmR8Q3YHcU

    This is a very bad practice, and it should not be used if possible – as it results in loss of attached script handlers. Unfortunately there is absolutely no way for the search to prevent this. I would suggest a solution if there was any, but it is not caused by the search itself, but by a script that alters the node structure of the header section.
    You might have to ask the menu developer if this is something that can be turned off, or if there is any way for the menu to simply hide the elements, but not to make copies and change the header structure.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #14670
    multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

    Hi, thanks. There was some option for sticky menu enabled which caused the problem. It’s fine now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.