style css is created with improper permissions.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support style css is created with improper permissions.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    treehousetim
    treehousetim
    Participant

Hello,

when I rebuild the css for the ajax search pro plugin the file that is created in wp-content/uploads/asp_upload is created with permissions that do not allow reading by the webserver.

the file is created like this:

–w–wx–T 1 www-data www-data 34531 Jan 31 12:30 style.instances.css

please help.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The files are created with inherent permissions, as defined by the web server (umask), using the WP_Filesystem wrapper, which is the default WordPress file system wrapper.

If there is a FS_CHMOD_FILE constant defined in the wp-config.php directory, WordPress will try to chmod the created files to those permissions. If that is by any chance defined in your case, that would probably explain it.

I suggest trying:
    – Checking if the umask value is indeed defined correctly
    – Defining the FS_CHMOD_FILE constant, to force the desired permissions
    – Checking the wp-content/uploads/asp_upload directory permissions as well, and changing them if needed
    – Deleting the style.instances.css file, and saving the search options again. It will be re-created upon save, hopefully with the right permissions.

I have tried to replicate the isssue, but the files are created with the correct permissions on all of my test environments.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.