Stylesheet don't load correct

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Stylesheet don't load correct

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kt95 kt95 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kt95
    kt95
    Participant

Hello,

the stylesheets (?) of the search (bottom search) does not load correctly and so the search box looks wrong and can’t be used properly. Search results are displays at the bottom of the page.

The other search box (widget area top right) works fine. Both use the same settings.

Backend URL: {SITE-URL}/stageadmin

Regards,
    Kevin

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by kt95 kt95.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I’m not sure why, but there were unexpected escape and space characters within the generated CSS files. I’ve looked up the source, but everything is fine there, so I suspect that the cause was either some sort of 3rd party minification service or a plugin, or an input validation browser extension (?).

Anyways, when I saved the search options on the back-end, and then reloaded the front page again by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + R to clear the cache, the CSS file displayed correctly. It is minified though, which I guess comes from your CDN or cloudflare if you use any. It may have been only some sort of cache inconsistency.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kt95
    kt95
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

You are right, I think I may know what it is now. So the stylesheet gets corrupted whenever it gets to the title font rule. I guess it’s because probably of the escaped apostrophe characters. The minifier might not be able to handle that.
    Anyways, I have sorted that by changing the result title link font option to inherit: https://i.imgur.com/w31np21.png

Now both instances should start come out correctly. I will investigate this further on my local environment, and if possible then remove the apostrophe escape characters in the future release, so the minifier can handle them better.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kt95
    kt95
    Participant

Looks good now. I will have a look at this for the next weeks.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.