Styling for Exposed Filter Has Been Reset

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Styling for Exposed Filter Has Been Reset

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dandolino32
    dandolino32
    Participant

Thank you for your support.

After version 4.22 of ajax search pro, I haven’t updated to any more recent versions, because the styling for the exposed filter on the Rides page gets reset. Is there a way to get that styling back?

Here is the way the exposed filter should look (v. 4.22)
    https://beachboardwalk.com/rides/

And here is the way it looks on the dev site (with v. 4.26.2 activated)
    https://devscbb.wpengine.com/rides/
    I see that in Chrome Inspect, the live site uses this css file. But, on this dev site, it doesn’t reference that css file anymore, which might reset the styles.

FYI, When I updated the plugin, there was a critical error message that I received:

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 123 of the file /nas/content/live/devscbb/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/etc/indextable.class.php. Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required '/nas/content/live/devscbb/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro//includes/classes/etc/synonyms.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/php:/usr/share/php')

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, it helped a lot!

This was due to a very rare known issue. It had been reported once before and luckily I managed to find the culprit. Basically when the plugin tried to generate the stylesheets, it looked for taxonomy filters, but for some reason these taxonomies were registered later on, so WordPress reported as if they didn’t exist. This is very likely happening for a difference in plugin activation order. The default code then ignores the filter and moves on, but that leads to some missing styling.

I have made a tiny correction to the plugin code (file: plugins/ajax-search-pro/functions/functions.php) so the code ignores the missing taxonomy and proceeds with the style generation. After saving the search settings the styling is now repaired.
    The only difference in styling I see is some custom CSS, which is not present on the dev, but present on the live site.

This change is going to be included in the upcoming patch of course. If you update to the live, please make sure to copy the plugin folder from the dev to live so the changes propagate.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dandolino32
    dandolino32
    Participant

Thank you. I really appreciate it. Got it pushed live and added a couple css rules.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.