Suggestion only for one taxonomy

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Suggestion only for one taxonomy

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by djmhim djmhim 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi team,

Thanks for helping me last time

Is possible that when someone click on in suggestion, it fill the search box with that text which is in suggestoin and then people click on search

I mean, when someone type marketing, it will show marketing in suggestion because there is a taxonomy called marketing. But I want, when they click on marketing, it shouldn’t take them to the page of marketing taxonomy but it should fill the search box with text marketing. And then people click on search.

This one will be most best if you can do it with your plugin

Thank you in advance

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by djmhim djmhim.
    djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by djmhim djmhim.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It could be possible actually. I have put together a small custom code snippet that may work.

Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi
    I have put but it’s going on error 500
    Please check edited function file in zip file in attachment
    Thank you a lot for helping me

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry, there might have been a missing line there during copy/paste, please try this one:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Amazing,
    This is working as I want
    When we type something, it give result down which we select and it fill text area, this is what I was wanted and it’s perfect
    But Here is scroll bar, I want that it show only 10 result but not in scroll but directly in full height
    Let me know if it is possible
    Y they way, U are amazing

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks for your kind words 🙂

You can do that actually, by increasing the viewport of the results list: https://i.imgur.com/XSRiDXS.png
    If the viewport count > results count, the scrollbar will never appear. Set this to 100 or 1000, and it should be fine.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi
    thanks for your reply
    I want only 10 results, not more
    And all 10 I want in one box not in scroll
    Also don’t want to get two things called “Did you mean this” and “No result for… ” if there is no result while typing. I don’t want any thing from these two. Is it possible?
    Thanks

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Ops, another big issue
    It show taxonomy also on search result page.
    I want taxonomy in suggestion like marketing etc, but not on result page. I have tried source 2 and it’s ok but it’s giving taxonomy (marketing) also on result page but I want only those posts which are same for that taxonomy (marketing) and the country taxonomy which is in dropbox. So the suggestion is atchully a taxonomy called “course keywords taxonomy”.
    Hope you understand how I am telling
    Thanks again and sorry for disturbing you that much..

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

I want that, it take country from 1st box which is country taxonomy dropdown, But in another box is also taxonomy which is “course keywords taxonomy” which is for suggestion. Result is for course (Post type). So, I want if someone type, it give taxonomy as suggestion so when someone click, it fill the text box with it, but I don’t want that it take it as result also. I just want to show the result for those courses, which are matching for 1st taxonomy which is dropdown (country) and also have 2nd taxonomy which person got in suggestion while typing like marketing etc. But 2nd taxonomy, I don’t want on result page as result
    Hope you got how I want and not disturbing you much
    Atchully this is main thing in this project so I am fully stuck, hope you understand and don’t mind
    Thanks a lot for your help

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Is there any solution for this :'(
    Also let me know if you have affiliate program for ajax search pro because because of this website, I will get 6 website more with same person and all will use ajax search pro 😉
    For him, Current website is iStudy.mu which I am upgrading and using Ajax search pro in it and finding that I haven’t done any mistake because you are very supportive.
    Please let me know if there is any solution for this. Let me explain you in simple way
    1st box is for taxonomy country
    2nd box is free text box but suggestion I want from a taxonomy called keywords
    So when we add any course, we need to choose a country and also a keyword. So if someone choose country Mauritius, and type “Mar” then it needs to suggest all keyword taxonomies start from “Mar” like marketing etc and when someone click on that suggestion then it fill the 2nd box with that suggestion (Till here is you have done as I have request)
    So now thing came to search page.
    1st if there is no course which have “Mauritius” country & “Marketing” keyword then it will show a page (This also hasbeen done by you) (I am very happy that I have chosen right plugin), but gives error which is expalend in 2nd part (bottom)
    2nd (This is issue I am getting). It should show result only for courses (post type). But it show result for taxonomy “Marketing” also. (Here is main issue). Someone select canada and type marketing, atcully it should show that page which is for no result but it show the taxonomy marketing in result page.

This is only issue left, Please let me know how it can be fixed.

And also I don’t want anything like “No result” or “Did you mean by” etc

Also please let me know about affiliates :p

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi team
    Please check my last message, I need only this one left. Then I won’t disturb you at all
    Please check
    Thank you

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi team
    Please read my 2nd last message and let me know..
    Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think that may be solveable as well. So basically you don’t want the taxonomy term results on the results page, only in the suggestions.

This custom code may do the trick for you:

Envato market has an affiliate program available, which adds some credit which you can use on later purchases, if the users sign up via your username. You can get your affiliate code here: https://codecanyon.net/affiliate_program

For examplel, our personal affiliate URL for the search plugin is this: https://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/3357410?ref=wpdreams

Please note, that sometimes it can take up to 48 hourse for us to respond to questions, but I’m doing my best to give you the fastest answer possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Exactly… You are amazingggggggggggggggggg
    Thank you very very very very very very very much
    One thing, I don’t want “Did you mean” or “no result for…….” etc when we type. because it will take from taxonomies. Is there any way to hide these things permanently?
    I was thinking that it is somewhere in setting but didn’t got it.

I don’t know how to thank you but your support is amazingggggg…
    Sometime I get confuse that what to do and how to do and don’t know how to explain but still you understand my message and reply..

Thank you veryyyyyyyyyyy much

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion only for one taxonomy’ is closed to new replies.