TablePress as a post type and exact match

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support TablePress as a post type and exact match

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Freshy Sites
    FreshySites
    Participant

Hello,

We are currently using Ajax Search Pro and trying to use it to search TablePress tables. When using the Lite version we were able to select TablePress Tables: https://i.gyazo.com/8a72862b2e6948a205e270872a2f6078.png
    However after adding the Pro version that option was no longer available.

We tried using the Index Table engine method, but we need these searches to be exact matches.

Is there anyway while using the Pro version to have “TablePress Tables” appear as post type to index as it was in the Lite version?

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Tablepress tables are not actually possible to return as results (it is only a storage post type for the table contents), but used as shortcodes within post type contents.

When using the index table engine, the plugin will automatically parse the contents from the tablepress tables and return the posts containing the tables.
    If you need exact word matches, I recommend using the “AND with exact keyword matches” when using the index table: https://i.imgur.com/FVlJMYG.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Freshy Sites
    FreshySites
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

We did what you recommended, but the search is not looking in the tables:
    if you try searching for “ACC LPB”, the results should show this page:
    https://advchemical.com/personal-care/amphoterics/

But it’s showing No results found.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Indeed.

I applied a newer parser from our development servers to the index table programmatically. Then rebuilt the index, it seems the tables are now correctly indexed. It was a conflict with the page builder + the table shortcodes, they weren’t printed properly.

This fix is present in the upcoming release, so you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Freshy Sites
    FreshySites
    Participant

Awesome, thank you! However, I only see “ACC LPB” working but nothing else —

You can try:
    ACC CEB
    ​Cetyl Betaine
    ​Lauryl Amidopropyl Betaine
    ​ACC LB
    Anything from these tables

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are right, there was a minor issue there – not converting some special characters.

Now it hopefully should be all right, I can see the extracted texts in the database.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Freshy Sites
    FreshySites
    Participant

Awesome, thank you for your help!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.