Taxonomies Frontend: Show number of posts in Taxonomy, e.g. red (3), blue (10)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Taxonomies Frontend: Show number of posts in Taxonomy, e.g. red (3), blue (10)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dave Buettler allchemist 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dave Buettler
    allchemist
    Participant

Dear Ernest

Outside Ajax Search Pro with Elementor Archive download category widgets I can show a list of all Easy Digital Downloads EDD download-posts taxonomies together with the number of posts in each of them. So a users sees during a search in taxonomies which categories & tags offer many results and where are only a few posts. This helps a lot for a fast and good search.

On my website you can see such a category archive with automatical numbers (Elementor EDD Downloads Categories / Tags Widget) in the sidebar right, bottom:
    https://www.illuminatoren.com/downloads/kopie-pa-test-hosanna/

Example for this list with numbers:

Auswahl Kategorien
    Bibel, Glaube, Spiritualität (2)
    Charismen, Geistesgaben (1)
    Das Vater Unser (0)
    Engel (0)
    Frauenrechte – Frauen und Kirche (0)
    Gebet & Meditation (0)
    Gleichnisse (1)
    Arbeiter im Weinberg (0)
    Arbeiter im Weinberg (Parabel) (0)
    Der barmherzige Samariter (0)
    Verlorener Sohn (Parabel) (0)
    Verlorenes Schaf (Parabel) (1)
    Vom Kamel und dem Nadelöhr (1)
    Vom Licht unter dem Scheffel (0)

It would be great to have this automatic numbers too in Ajax Search Pro, when showing categories & tags. Is there any possibility to do this?

I would need it for example here in the right sidebar, where is a Search instance with categories & tags:
    https://www.illuminatoren.com/downloads/category/bibelfiguren-charaktere-der-biblischen-geschichten/evodia-aus-philippi/

If not possible yet, that would be an amazing feature for a future update of Ajax Search Pro!

Thank you for your answer.
    Dave, Switzerland, Luzern

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Dear Dave,

I’m afraid this is not possible – at least not yet.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Dave Buettler
    allchemist
    Participant

Do you think this feature will be available in a future update?

I’m still in the beginning of constructing the different, but similar website projects and checking which plugin to use finally. Don’t worry, your support was so helpful, I will not refund. 😉 But I somehow I need some functions. This is one of them.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, not in the nearest future to be honest with you. The filters interface is currently at rework. Once I get that stable, I will be able to add new features much quicker 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Dave Buettler
    allchemist
    Participant

But can you “imagine” to implement this popular feature to “count numbers” maybe in 2022, or 2023? Is this maybe realistic? I would be very happy about that and I think others too.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Dave Buettler allchemist.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Surely. It is a widely anticipated feature with dynamic filters. I can see this implemented this year.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Dave Buettler
    allchemist
    Participant

❤❤❤ YIPIEEE I LOVE AJAX SEARCH PRO 4EVER! ❤❤❤

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.