Taxonomy dropdown not working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Taxonomy dropdown not working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    salmanlakhany67
    salmanlakhany67
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the Ajax Search Pro plugin, I was able to get the search working properly on the page.

I turned on the Categories and Taxonomy Terms for the products but for some reason, even after selecting a term from the dropdown, it doesn’t filter the products on the page.

https://i.imgur.com/6YqP6YP.png only two of the products out of these 5 have the “Sold” category and yet it shows all 5.

Also, for some reason the dropdown was hidden and I had to manually add CSS to show it on the page, this is the shortcode I’ve used to add the filter on the page: [wd_asp elements='settings,search' ratio='50%,50%' id=2]

I’ve tried using a default theme and turning off the plugins but that didn’t help.

Thanks,
    Salman

salmanlakhany67
    salmanlakhany67
    Participant

Hi,

I also wanted to ask if there is an option of adding an ordering dropdown that allows the user to change the posts ordering by date or name?

Thanks,
    Salman

salmanlakhany67
    salmanlakhany67
    Participant

Just an update I got the Taxonomy dropdown to work I hadn’t chosen the settings to show on default.

So just need your help with adding an ordering dropdown if that’s possible to do through your plugin.

Thanks,
    Salman

salmanlakhany67
    salmanlakhany67
    Participant

I would also like you to please look into the performance of the search if there’s anything we can do to make the search any faster?

Thanks,
    Salman

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps us a lot.

Unfortunately ordering filter is not available yet. There is a huge filters rework at progress, we hope to finish it by the end of the summer.

This article will help you with the performance optimization. Generally, using filters is a performance heavy task, as it is very hard to cache and table joins are required. It is especially true for cases with a lot of items to filter. Using the least possible amount of filters can have a great impact on the performance as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

salmanlakhany67
    salmanlakhany67
    Participant

Thank you, Ernest, for your response! 🙂

Is it possible for me to somehow code the ordering filter on top of the current plugin myself?

Any possible solutions you could suggest? As my client would really like to have this implemented on the page.

Thanks,
    Salman

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, that would not be easy at all. Usually I suggest modifications when possible, but this is much more difficult than that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.