taxonomy term on frontend

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    romain
    romain
    Participant

Hello
    I have several taxonomies with several terms.

To view these taxonomies as filters in frontend, I use the menu in Frontend Search Settings> Taxonomy Terms> Show The Following taxonomy term selectors on frontend.

But if a term is not used by a post, it does not appear in the left column !!! Very frustrating !!!
    The present posts dont use all the terms. The end user will certainly use these terms in future and will want to see these terms as a filter. But he will not be admin and can not add them in the back office.
    So I have to create a post whith all terms of all taxonomies to display all filters in frontend. But this post is always in search’s results. And if I delete it after, the relevant filters (settings) disapear…

Is there not a simpler way to bring up all the terms of the selected taxonomy on frontend, whether present or not in current posts?

Thanx

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by romain romain.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by romain romain.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This section is under re-work, as it’s indeed not user friendly enough. The problem is exactly what you described, and that it is not possible to just choose all future terms (which are not yet created). I’m working on a solution to fix this in the next update.

Until then, you can actually make a modification for the terms, which does not have posts to appear on the left side of the list by making a change to one of the files. Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\backend\settings\class\customtaxonomytermsel.class.php file and change it’s contents to contents on this url: https://goo.gl/hojp5Y

That should allow to display the missing terms in the list. In the future update I will also implement an option to be able to choose “All terms from taxonomy” so all future terms will be automatically added.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

romain
    romain
    Participant

Thank you for quick answer.
    I’ve changed the content of the file but nothing change.
    If I erase the post with all taxonomy’s terms, these terms disapear from filter in front end…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry, I forgot that the front-end handler needs the same parameters as well.

You will have to change the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/views/asp.shortcode.categories_terms.php file as well to this: https://goo.gl/JyI7Fc

That should hopefully do the trick!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

romain
    romain
    Participant

hello
    it works perfectly !
    Thanx a lot

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great!

I will close the ticket for now, feel free to open another one if you have other issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘taxonomy term on frontend’ is closed to new replies.