The response data is missing

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support The response data is missing

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    barabasis
    barabasis
    Participant

Hello,

we purchased support again cause we have an urgent problem on our website with your plugin.

Pls see attachement a.jpg for the error we are getting on this page:
    https://mistresskym.com/blog/

if you try to change the language (bottom selector) to e.g. italian, german or japanese or other languages but the default English.

We followed EACH AND EVERY step to troubleshoot it from this page:
    https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/troubleshooting/the-response-data-is-missing-from-the-ajax-request-error-message

but didn’t help solve the problem.

Both translatepress tea and our hosting said everything is going fine with their plugin and server.

We also tried to change custom handler and several other plugin options but nothing seems to work.
    We also have cloudflare and bypassed cache and other settings but nothing worked too.
    Also, this is a new problem and we didn’t change anything on our stack since years.

ps. we gave you admin credentials to the live website, so apls be careful. If you need staging access pls let us know.

Thanks
    Kind regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sure, I will help you don’t worry.

So after one quick peek I already see the problem. After changing to that language, the search ajax response is altered (very likely by the translator plugin), which is causing the problem. The original response should start with this, but on the translation it is altered like this.
    Those are basically special delimiters to filter the ajax request before showing the results. If they are changed, then the plugin can’t fetch the data.

Optimally XHR requests should not be altered, that is a very bad idea. However if you can somehow add these delimiter words to the translation exception list, that may work as well:

___ASPSTART_HTML___
    ___ASPEND_HTML___
    ___ASPSTART_DATA___
    ___ASPEND_DATA___

Unfortunately I don’t know how the translator works, but if you can add exceptions, then this could very likely solve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

barabasis
    barabasis
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

WPML, Loco and Polylang work perfectly fine, as they are not intercepting XHR request reponse bodies, but translating the individual components on the database layer. We can’t really do much to prevent these on-the-fly translations, it is out of the plugins reach.

I can check out the settings for this specific plugin, maybe there is something to change, but I can’t login, the username/password seems to be incorrect. Can you check please?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

barabasis
    barabasis
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks, that worked.

So I have added the strings, but that does nothing at all, they are not respected. I also added the full XHR path, that may have resolved it but I am not sure.
    So far I can make queries, so that may have helped.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

barabasis
    barabasis
    Participant

that seems to have solved the problem, definitely!!
    It definitely helped asking for your support, you are always so kind and competent!

Thanks a lot and again thanks for your best-in-class plugin you have made

kind regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome and thank you very much for your kind words 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.