The search box always seems to take priority on the screen

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support The search box always seems to take priority on the screen

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ournews
    ournews
    Participant

Hello, we love Ajax Search Pro but are having an issue.

The search box always seems to take priority on the screen, on top of all other elements. This is especially an issue with other JS popups that should be ontop of everything when opened, unfortunately the ajax search pro box always still stays on top of them. We would like the search box to have the same priority as all normal elements on the screen, so when other JS popups are opened, it stays behind them on the screen.

After searching the support forums, we tried adding this to the Custom CSS field, but it doesn’t change the behavior. The box still appears ontop of all other content.

.probox>* {
        z-index: 0 !important;
    }

Any help? Thank you!

ournews
    ournews
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the details, I have checked your site and found the issue.

The search box container no longer has a z-index value, to prevent issues like these. I’ve looked through the parent elements, where the plugin is placed, to see if perhaps any of them has any z-index set.
    The immediate element by the navigation, where the plugin is placed has a z-index value of 9999, that is causing the problem. (the related CSS rule can be found in the style.css file on lines 841-847 in the child theme directory, according to my developer tools console)

The simplest solution is to override it with a custom CSS, like so:

.bp-search-home {
    	z-index: 1 !important;
    }

That’s it! This should solve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ournews
    ournews
    Participant

Thank you! That resolved the issue.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.