Theme loses features and layout when Activated

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Theme loses features and layout when Activated

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by scoobysteve scoobysteve 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scoobysteve
    scoobysteve
    Participant

I have just purchased this plugin as I was hoping I could use it to search for my properties by their reference number. But as soon as I activate the plugin my slider on the home page disappears and the layout changes, its not useable.

Thankfully it reverts back to normal when I deactivate it.

Regards
    Steve

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It was a yet unknown bug, but on the compatibility settings panel I changed the javascript source to “Minified” from “Minified scoped” and the errors disappeared (both from the layout and the javascript console)

I’m not sure why it’s happening, but I will try to investigate this further and upload a hotfix to codecanyon as soon as I find the problem.

Thank you for the proper description of the problem and for the proper log-in details!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

scoobysteve
    scoobysteve
    Participant

thanks for sorting that out, its quite a complicated plugin. I am finding it hard to setup, I really just want to be able to use it to search for a specific property which looks like ATP323A2 and have all the options show up as they type but I cant seem to get it to work, and it seems to show stuff that is on the web and not from my database.

If you guide me in the right direction that would be great

Thanks again

Steve

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

There is an extensive documentation in both pdf and html formats, you should take a look at it, it may give you a better insight of the plugin. You most likely don’t need change the 90% of the options.

Are you trying to search for posts, pages or custom post types (like products)?

Do you know if the property is stored in a custom field, or somewhere else?

Most of the time different properties are stored as custom fields – maybe that’s what you need.

I’m not going to be able to answer today, as I’m going home, but if you can describe exactly how you imagine the search and what data are you looking for, maybe I will be able to quickly configure it for you tomorrow morning – if you want it of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

scoobysteve
    scoobysteve
    Participant

Thank you, I dont have any posts and I am not interested in searching pages. The theme adds property listings and I actually use the “bathrooms” field for the property reference, all the property listing pages are populated via a xml feed.
    I use the <Ref>ATP302A1</Ref> field form the xml file and use WPAllImport Pro to populate the property listings pages.

I use the
    test.php
    http://stephendeboo.co.uk/test.php
    import in WPAllImport and under “Edit Options” I populate the baths_value with the xml field {Ref[1]}

this when imported adds all the reference numbers which are unique into the baths field, it is this field I was hoping to search for, but only show valid properties based on what you type in the search box, I don’t want to see google responses, only matches from my database until its the right one.

I will have a look and see if I can get this to work but it seems very complex when using Property Listings and not posts or pages.

Kind Regards

Steve

scoobysteve
    scoobysteve
    Participant

I think I have it now, but thanks for your offer to help and your very quick response.

Kind Regards

steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.