Theme shortcode embed breaking site

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Theme shortcode embed breaking site

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mistercyril mistercyril 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mistercyril
    mistercyril
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve installed the plugin and am using suggested theme shortcode integration to display search in my header.

<?php echo do_shortcode('[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]'); ?>

The problem I am having is that it is breaking my <div> structure and the resulting layout.

Here is the HTML in the header.php template :

<div id="search" class="col-md-6 col-sm-6">
    <div class="pull-right">
    <?php echo do_shortcode('[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]'); ?>
    </div>
    </div>

But when the page is rendered, it pulls in the following <div></div> into the #search div.

I’m guessing there might be a missing closing </div> tag in the code rendered by your plugin, but its just a thought.

Any help would be great,

Kind regards,

Cyril

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Does this happen if you put the search to a different position?

Do you have a working example page of this maybe? I would like to check the problem closely as I could not find missing closing tags in the code. Or you can copy/paste the whole header.php code to http://pastebin.com/ and maybe I can discover something.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mistercyril
    mistercyril
    Participant

Ok so i fiddled around with it and I think it might have been the cache playing games with me.

I added an extra </div> after the shortcode and it was still broken but moved the issue further down the DOM. Then when I removed it, everything was perfect…

Sorry for this one 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.