This request has failed; please check your connection

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support This request has failed; please check your connection

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    marcel
    marcel
    Participant

Hi we have an issue with the installation of the pluginon a site we are developing for a customer.

When we filter we get a mesasage:
    This request has failed. Please check your connection.
    When we check network connectivity we get a timeout and a 503 error.
    I’ve included a screenshot of the problem.

Can you please investigate how we can resolve this.
    BR
    Marcel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    marcel
    marcel
    Participant

Update:

FYI This relates to a new installation on a new development website, but this seems to be the same problem we were experiencing previously (please see the other ticket). It is important to note that this was never resolved. However we have a workaround in place for the time being. It is very curious, but by making the asp cache directory unwritable the filter works fine! So only in this case does the plugin work correct (but we see the php errors appear in the log that we have an unwritable directory which is correct). If we deactivate and reactivate the plugin it recreates the cache directory and the plugin again does not work and has the 503 error.

Can you please provide support as we are stuck here. Thank you!
    Marcel

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Marcel,

This is super strange, I am curious of what exactly is going on.

Can you please also add temporary FTP access, I would like to debug this via the plugin code line-by-line to see what happens. Maybe comparing the outputs with the restricted cache folder will also help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The login details seem to be incorrect too, it does not let me log in. Can you please check that as well? Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

marcel
    marcel
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    marcel
    marcel
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Marcel!

There was indeed an issue, and interestingly it was not due to the existend of the cache folder, it was much more complex – it took me 3 hours to investigate.

Basically what happend is, that for some reason the search override triggered so many times, that a certain function caused a memory limit problem, the process ran out of memory, and halted. It caused no further issues, but was super hard to find.

I needed to edit multiple files in the plugin to bypass the problem, it should work all right now. This is going to be permanently fixed in the upcoming patch of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

marcel
    marcel
    Participant

Thank you very much for the quick fix Ernest.

Very weird indeed that the issue workaround with the cache folder seemed to work; must be a lucky co-incidence ;).

Anyway, as you fixed the plugin in the cloned version of our development site, can you indicate when the patch will be available, as we need to fix the plugin on our proper development site still and we also still have this issue on our other site (ref. the previous ticket).

Thanks again for the quick support!
    BR,
    Marcel

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The next patch will be available around the end of the next week.

You can safely copy over the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro folder to the live server, it includes every change. That should deal with the problem for now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

marcel
    marcel
    Participant

Thank you Ernest, we have copied the folder contents and all is working as expected. For the other website we will then await the formal patch update.

Kind regards,
    Marcel

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.