Three search instances and how to display them.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Three search instances and how to display them.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    erone
    erone
    Participant

Hello,
    I am not selling products that potential customers may be searching for.
    My website is about doctor appointment booking.
    I wanted to have on front page (actually on the theme) the following research from visitors looking for a specific city, a specific speciality or a specific doctor.
    To sum up:
    1. The visitor enters a city: all specialities and doctors from that city display.
    2. The visitor enters a speciality: All cities and doctors of that speciality display.
    3. The visitor enters a doctor’s name: his profile appears.
    How do I work this out in admin?
    Best regards,
    Honore

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve looked at the installations and the plugin you are using to store all this information. I will try to answer the best way I can.

From what I can see you need the User search function, because it looks like the doctors are actually the users on your site.

1. After looking into the options I have found that the “provider_city” user meta stores the city information about the user. However this is only a reference, meaning it does not store the actual name of the city, but just a reference number. Because of that the plugin does not see the actual city name, just the reference number in the database, which is not the infromation needed.

For this to work you will need a user meta field that stores the actual city name, in order to be connected with the user directly, and then enter the meta field into the ajax search pro user search section.

However returning specialties as results still won’t be possible, because those are stored as user meta, and it’s not returnable.

2. This is the same case as the 1.

3. To display the doctor just enable the User Search on the General options -> User search panel.

This would be much easier if the doctors were stored as a custom post type, and the information like cities and specialties as taxonomy terms (like categories). In that case, all of this would be possible, even returning the specialties.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.