Title Content To Be Searchable

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Title Content To Be Searchable

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jay
    jay
    Participant

My posts table has a title column for the business names. How can I include the title to be searchable as it is not listed in the available taxonomy for me to drag to include as a taxonomy?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

By default post titles are searched, make sure this option is enabled: https://i.imgur.com/pUGLw1J.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jay
    jay
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I am using a listing template that creates a post whenever I create a new business listing. The POSTS table in the database has a column called post_title which is where the listing title is stored under the post_title column. I don’t see the POSTS option in the ‘available post type’ section but I do see the POST option. So I dragged the POST from the ‘available post type’ section into the ‘post type you want to use’ box. I refreshed the preview and typed all the listing titles in the search field but it doesn’t appear to search from the post_title column in the POSTS table. I wonder POST and POSTS are two different tables. How can I get POSTS table to show up in the ‘available post type’ section?

jay
    jay
    Participant

Please discard my prior description. I got it to work and will continue to play around with the settings. Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

All right 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.