Title, multiple word relevancy

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Title, multiple word relevancy

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant

Is there currently anyway to make the title relevancy be strong by amount of matched words..

I have two posts types and because of ordering 1 always takes prevalence over the other even if they have similar titles.
    i.e
    Title 1 : healthcare collection (post)
    Title 2 : Find your collection (custom post type)

When i type in the search, find your collection, healthcare collection is the most relevant because they both match in the title (100) but Post are consider more relevant than the custom post types. This is quite annoying considering it is an exact match, however I don’t want to use exact matches only.

Have I done something wrong?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

By default, the “Find your collection” should be returned first – unless the post type ordering is enabled. Posts are considered custom post types, so they are not preferred in any way agains other post types.
    Make sure that the post type order is disabled and that the primary ordering is relevance: https://i.imgur.com/9s0ieS2.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant

The strange thing is, it doesn’t do that. I have set up the search to be based on relevance and then title desc.
    The autocomplete even finds the title and suggests it, but it doesnt come up first.

I believe the reason for this is the nature of the custom post type.
    I need external links to be shown in the search results. To achieve this i created a custom post type with a custom field for the link. The permalink for the page is the custom field. So when the search finds the title of the page, it links out to the external link.
    However the relevance of this page seems to be lower, because although the title is correct, it has no content.

The search seems to ignore the relevance of someone typing in the exact title and puts in 3rd in the list behind another title that has one or two of the same keywords.

Please see my images and video
    I can create a user for you to see all my settings if you wish.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    Ernest Marcinko

PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, the FTP was not required after all, I have found an issue with the configuration. The stop-words under the index table panel was the problem. Some common words were excluded (your, find), so it was basically a non-match. I have disabled that option, recreated the index table, now everything seems to be all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant

Thank you for your help. I knew it was something like that but I thought I had tried that out already, so apologies for wasting your time.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.