Trouble Creatiing Property Search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Trouble Creatiing Property Search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bkthompson01
    bkthompson01
    Participant

I am trying to build a search for my real estate site — specialfinds.com. I like the real estate demo that you show, but I can’t make a search that I build work the same.

I want users to be able to search listings (that are actually posts) by location, price, property style (not property type), acreage, bedroom, baths. I don’t want the results to populate in front of other page information.

I’d like the results to show the main image,

I also want to limit the results to the exact area they are searching.

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Brenda,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps us a lot!

First and foremost, I will recommend a few documentation chapters, which will explain most of the details on understanding the filters.

Before starting with the filters, make sure the correct post types are selected and the search is set up properly and is returning the properties as results. After that you can choose a theme to suit your needs the best.

First you should start with the frontend search settings glossary. Then move right on to the first chapter to understand the positioning and layout of the search settings.

Then, you can start creating the desired filters. The ones you may likely need are the taxonomy term and the custom field filters.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.