Trouble with Ordering of Search Results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Trouble with Ordering of Search Results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello! I recently upgraded to Ajax Pro for the search bar functions and I am having trouble getting the search results to show up in the order I am telling it to. I use Backpack Traveler theme and as far as I can see, I have set destination items to be shown first, followed by blog posts, podcasts and then pages. But no matter how many times I do this, when I go to search and I hit the results page, I am getting a mix of results. For example, when I search “Germany” I am first getting a podcast episode followed by a page I have hidden all in HTML format and then finally a destination item (Munich). When I search New Zealand, I am getting a random old blog post about Mardi Gras first before my destination item “Bay of Islands”. I’m sure it’s an easy fix but from the nearest I can tell, I’ve done everything correctly. Any help would be appreciated. I’ve attached screenshots to show what I mean.

Thank you so much for your time!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It does not look like the search override feature is enabled. Can you please make sure it is enabled? That way searches made via the plugin search bar should be sent to the wordpress search handler for replacement.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Woops yeah I fixed that back to override which helped Germany other than the fact I’m still getting the general category listed as a link twice and then the individual locations along with pictures below but New Zealand is still returning a Mardi Gras blog post first. I tried getting rid of the search in content, but even so, wouldn’t the ordering come first? Shouldn’t the destinations come up first no matter what? Thanks again!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It should be the same as the live search, exactly this: https://i.imgur.com/QeXdZaO.png

You can however change to display the post type results first, here: https://i.imgur.com/VAJ1cuS.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.