try this function caused a problem

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support try this function caused a problem

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alang
    alang
    Participant

Hi team,

I got a problem with my page headers. If you go to a single page of my website, and scroll down until you see the top menu fixed on the top. Then there is a big gap. Please see screenshot attached. Also please go to a page to see it.https://findhotels.nyc/destination/hells-kitchen/westhouse-hotel/

I found out the reason is because I turned on the “try this” function of your search product.

Could you please let me know which part of style css file caused this, so that I can fix it?

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Can you please re-upload the screenshot? For some reason it did not came through. Alternatively you could try https://imgur.com to quickly upload it as well.

I’ve checked the page, scrolled down, this is exactly what I can see: https://i.imgur.com/XUBewI3.jpg
    Is this not correct? Or do I have to click somewhere/do anything for the issue to come up?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

alang
    alang
    Participant

Sorry pls see attached for the screenshot. The page you were at was right.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Okay, I was able to re-create it after a few page refreshes. It’s probably because the menu script does not calculate the inner height properly after the scrolling occurs, it’s hard to tell. Whenever the search is ‘opened’, the scrolling seems correct, so that might confirm my theory.

This is something that probably should be fixed within the menu script, but there is something worth trying. Try this custom CSS rule:

#asp-try-3_1,
    #asp-try-3_2 {
        display: none;
    }

This will make sure to hide the ‘try these’ element on page load, and perhaps the menu script does not miscalculate it’s height.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

alang
    alang
    Participant

Awesome! Works like a charm!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

alang
    alang
    Participant

Oh, I am sorry, I tried with turning on the search, meaning I clicked once on the search bar when “try this” showed up, then the second menu was total covered by the top menu. Please see attached screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems like it’s the same issue, the menu does not calculate the content height correctly.

I’ve quickly put together a script which might help you. But please note that this qualifies as a customization request, and I cannot guarantee that it will work in all cases correctly. Try adding this custom code to the functions.php file in your theme directory (copy from line 3):

IMPORTANT: Please have a full site back-up before proceeding to edit your theme file, as well as use an FTP connection to make the changes.

Also, I highly suggest looking at the menu script to fix the height calculation issue, as these solutions may not work permanently, or in all cases.
    I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.