Two tier search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice please if possible …

– We have a business called “Plan Your Event”. This is an online event and wedding planning marketplace in Ireland, listing event suppliers and entertainers. We are running a directory style website – http://www.planyourevent.ie/

– We have built the core website functionality and have added approximately 30 listings in order to test the site.

– On the homepage, you will see the search facility, to allow users to search for various supplier categories.

– We have allocated categories and tags to pages, to facilitate the search.

– So, we have everything working fine up to this point.

– To explain what we are trying to achieve next, it might be easiest for you to follow the instruction below, on the live site …

1. Log on to http://www.planyourevent.ie

2. Search for Wedding Venues and Hotels

3. This will now display all pages listed in this category, so you will see a number of various hotels throughout Ireland (we only have 6 currently included for testing, but once the site is working, this will include up to 200 hotels).

4. We would like to now have a second search facility here, to allow users to refine the results to only display the hotels in their county. We have 32 counties in Ireland, and we have allocated a page tag for each county.

So, my question is this … Is there a way to achieve this secondary search of the results from the first search.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain. Please let me know if you require any further information, or if this is a customization job, rather than simply setting some options on the existing plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Shane Ryan
    Plan Your Event

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Shane,

I think I understand your request, unfortunately this is not possible. Maybe someone with experience might be able to custom code it for you, I usually suggest these guys: WPKraken.io

This might be however a serious level of customization, but it’s worth asking.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.