Unable to edit settings

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    markatwi
    markatwi
    Participant

Hi there,

We have had a strange problem for a while but have left it because everything seemed to work and it wasnt a big deal.

We ever we try and update the search bar seems to remain functional but we don’t get any search results, So we have always reverted back to the previous working version. We use the search many on this page https://www.wargamesillustrated.net/the-vault/

But we now have a new problem, When trying to edit the search settings our site will time out and we cannot make any change. If I upgrade a can make the changed but as mention before, oddly we loose the search results?

Ultimately i want to edit the search to only bring results from our ‘Vault’ category and to enable the ability to search tags.

Can you help?

Thank you,
    Mark

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, reverting back old versions is not a good idea, as newver versions may change the database structure/add new entries, for which older versions are not ready of course.

I think, the cleanest approach would be to completely wipe the plugin, and re-configure it again, to make sure all the data is consistent, since the reverts must have messed up something with the data, and probably causing the issues with the saves.
    I recommend these steps:
    – Wiping the plugin following these instructions
    – Installing the most recent version (4.7.12)
    – Then configuring it on the back-end
    – Then clearing all layers of cache, including site cache, browser cache etc.. so that the changes populate

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

markatwi
    markatwi
    Participant

Thank you, I have done as asked and that seems to have worked correctly.

But the search is showing unwanted results now.

Id like to just get results from the category ‘Vault’ and include searching the tags of the category.

Can you help correct this?

Thank you,
    Mark

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

You almost had it right, I only changed this option to not include items that does not belong to any of the included categories: https://i.imgur.com/RsBx0oK.png
    I also removed the exclusions, as those are redundant, when using the inclusion option for the “Vault” category. Now it should be all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.