Unable to hide Products heading

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Unable to hide Products heading

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RHD202154
    RHD202154
    Participant

Please can you advise how I can stop the word product showing under the price. It’s related to the post type that is being searched. I have set this to just be Products where as the search bar at the top searches posts and products. I tried to hide it using css but this seems to hide it it on both the search fields which is not what I want.

I just need to hide it on the search used on courses but I cannot locate the setting that I need to change.

Many thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I could not login to the back-end to check, but from the source code it looks like it is printed via the advanced title field. I recommend checking that first, it should contain something like this

<span class="searchptitle">product</span>

If nothing like that is in there, then it might be included in the price field(?). In that case, this simple custom CSS will hide it:

.asp_r .searchptitle {
        display: none !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RHD202154
    RHD202154
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh, you only need to address the other search, but not the one in the header?
    I probably don’t need login for that, try this:

.asp_r_3 .searchptitle {
        display: none !important;
    }

This will apply to the search results with the ID=3, which seems to be the search bar in the middle.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

RHD202154
    RHD202154
    Participant

Hi

thats great – it works

On the top search – where it says Post, Product etc – is there a way to apply a different colour to each of these – or add a background color – it looks like they are all the same class so one change will affect them all?

thanks for the prompt Reply

regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I guess you can. The best is to use a different class, but each result has the post type class name in it. For example, you can target the “product” post type only like so:

.asp_r_product .searchptitle {
         color: red;
    }

..and so on for the different other post types.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.