Unable to return results on results page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Unable to return results on results page

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    michaelholloway
    michaelholloway
    Participant

We are unable to return results after searching. Results do populate in the dropdown, but after hitting enter, we receive no results. I have gone through the troubleshooting in the documentation and have not been able to solve it.

To recreate, type “container” into the input. If you wait you will see 2 items populate in the dropdown. However, if you hit enter and search, no results are returned.

I am unsure if perhaps the issue is file hierarchy? Or perhaps there is a method or function we need to call in one of the core wordpress files to correctly return results? We used a custom fields based approach, so we usually do not return the_content() in most of our pages. Attached is a screenshot of all the php files we are using at the theme level. You will see some of them are custom and some are the core wordpress files.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot!

I have logged-in, checked the configuration, but that is definitely okay. Then I checked the theme editor, and the issue is the search.php file in the theme directory – it does not output the results whatsoever. It loops through, but nothing is ever printed: https://i.imgur.com/KZwNpxN.png

There are matches, and they get to the results handler, but they are not printed by the theme.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.