Unable to update – Licence 'used' on another site

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Unable to update – Licence 'used' on another site

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by matt_knowles29 matt_knowles29 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    matt_knowles29
    matt_knowles29
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to update Ajax S pro and it says my licence is active on another site. It is only used on this site. We do use WPEngine, would this cause the issue? We have no choice but to use WPEngine.

If I update Ajax on the ‘live’ site, when pushing live the Dev site via WPEngine, do you know if this will overwrite the update?

I appreciate your support,

Matt

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you have a setup where dev is pushed to live, then I always recommend activating on the one which is pushed to the other one. If Dev -> Live, then on Dev. License activation is not required for the plugin to work, it only allows automatic updates, nothing else. If you regularly push one site to the other one, then updating on the origin should be sufficient.
    If you want to update on both at the same time without pushing, then you can still do via manual updates.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

matt_knowles29
    matt_knowles29
    Participant

Thanks, that makes sense. To double-check, If i were to deactivate the copy on the live version, would I then be able to reactivate on the Dev version?

Thanks,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes. There is a 30 minute delay for security reasons after deactivation, after that you can do it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

matt_knowles29
    matt_knowles29
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.