Unwanted click behaviour

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jc
    jc
    Participant

Dear support team,

Your plugin is amazing, it has got so many detailed options. Congratulations on the amazing job. It is really impressive.

One big issue I am encountering from the beginning is that I create my search box. Insert it in my home page using the shortcode.

And when I navigate to my home page and click on it (as the very first action before actually entering a search query) it opens a link in the same tab. It interprets my first click as an hyperlink and it opens another one of my pages (the shop page) so I am stuck here.

I created a second search box to use in another page. In the other page the behaviour does not happen. But if I use the second search box in the home page, the behaviour replicates.

Can you help me please?

Many thanks in advace for your support,
    Kind regatds,
    JC

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi JC,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I really appreciate it!

I think I see the problem, it appears, that the plugin shortcode is placed within a link element/block/button of some sort, so it is basically acting a link to the shop page. See this screenshot from the browser console: https://i.imgur.com/ai2aL1g.png

Make sure to check the source HTML of that block, maybe there is an unclosed hyperlink, or there is a custom URL set to that block via the editor. Correcting that will fix the issue immediately 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jc
    jc
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

There was an unclosed tag in my code.

Many thanks,

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by jc jc.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.