Updating Ajax Search Pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GTinternetCNEAC68
    GTinternetCNEAC68
    Participant

Hi,

I am having trouble updating Ajax Search Pro (this is the first time). According to Ajax Search Pro/Help & Updtaes/Automatic Updates, autoupdates are activated for my purchase code on both the production site : activités-canines.com and the development site : activités-canines.com/_dev/ (where I first installed Ajax Search Pro). The production site was recently re-installed by cloning the development site.

I managed to update on the development site, but not on the production site. Is it necessary to deactivate the key on both sites and then re-activate it only on the production site ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If the sites are on the same domain and IP, the update script should allow the license activation on both. If it does not for some reason, then I recommend activating it on the Dev site only, since you are pushing it to the live anyways. License activation is not required for the plugin to work, it is only for the automatic update verification, it does not limit it’s functionality in any way.
    If the sites are separate branches, then you can activate on one, and use manual updates on the other.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

GTinternetCNEAC68
    GTinternetCNEAC68
    Participant

In the extensions management page of the production site if I click on the update now (“mettre à jour maintenant”) link, it fails.

If I click on the “Update Ajax Search Pro” now link, I get the backup reminder pop-up from my backup plugin (UpdraftPlus) but the update does not start when I close the reminder.

To get the update to work, I have to first de-activate Updraft Plus so as not to get the backup reminder.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you! I will check that, but probably Udraftplus fiddles with something there, which it should not, I’m not sure we can do anything about it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.