upgrade from free – shortcode issue

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support upgrade from free – shortcode issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Peter Balazs BePe Peter Balazs BePe 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter Balazs BePe
    Peter Balazs BePe
    Participant

Dear Support,

As a pet-project, I’ve created a WP network where I prepopulated a few dozen blogs with the shortcode of the free version searchform: [wpdreams_ajaxsearchlite]

After i purchased the pro version, I noticed that I have to redo the same for the shortcode from the pro version.
    Is there a shortcode override (probably in php) that I can add to the functions.php that will accept and process the shortcode from the free version?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    PeterB

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Try the following:

function asp_mimic_shortcode( $atts ) {
         return do_shortcode('[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]');
    }
    add_shortcode('wpdreams_ajaxsearchlite', 'asp_mimic_shortcode');

You might have to change the id, but I think this should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Peter Balazs BePe
    Peter Balazs BePe
    Participant

Thank you, it worked. 🙂 The search forms are displayed on every blog 🙂

However, every search returns “no result” 🙁
    Also, I found these in the logs:
    [28-Aug-2014 10:49:48 UTC] WordPress database error Table ‘babelfis_wp.bf_19_ajaxsearchpro_statistics’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT keyword FROM bf_19_ajaxsearchpro_statistics WHERE keyword LIKE ‘napoli%’ ORDER BY num desc made by do_action(‘ASP_ajaxsearchpro_autocomplete’), call_user_func_array, ajaxsearchpro_autocomplete
    [28-Aug-2014 10:49:49 UTC] WordPress database error Table ‘babelfis_wp.bf_19_ajaxsearchpro’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT * FROM bf_19_ajaxsearchpro WHERE id=1 made by do_action(‘ASP_ajaxsearchpro_autocomplete’), call_user_func_array, ajaxsearchpro_autocomplete
    [28-Aug-2014 10:49:49 UTC] WordPress database error Table ‘babelfis_wp.bf_19_ajaxsearchpro_statistics’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT keyword FROM bf_19_ajaxsearchpro_statistics WHERE keyword LIKE ‘napoli%’ ORDER BY num desc made by do_action(‘ASP_ajaxsearchpro_autocomplete’), call_user_func_array, ajaxsearchpro_autocomplete

Can it be the reason for results not showing up?
    I’ve run errorcheck, index rebuilding, and read a few topics in the support forum, but could not figure it out…

Cheers,
    Peter

Peter Balazs BePe
    Peter Balazs BePe
    Participant

I disabled autocomplete and stats, but still no results.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I don’t think that’s the problem. Are these multisite sites or each one is an individual wordpress installation?

Since the search is returning something, it means that it’s most likely a configuration issue.

What type of content are you searching? If you create a new search form and try that on one of the sites, is it working?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Peter Balazs BePe
    Peter Balazs BePe
    Participant

Hello,

I am searching in normal posts and pages.
    Also thanks for the hint, this way I’ve found a workaround – creating a new form for each blog and assigning the relevant blog under multisite to the form.

However, not all blogs are listed in the left column on the multisite tab.
    Is there a display limit hardcoded somewhere?

Cheers,
    Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.