Upgrade to V4.20.2 fails

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by aprpac74 aprpac74 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aprpac74
    aprpac74
    Participant

Can’t upgrade. See screenshots for failure message.

If I manually download the zip file from CodeCanyon and try to update then my server produces the 413 error (see screenshot).

My hosting company have said “413 error means the server received a request larger than the defined limits” and referred me to you.

Please let me know how I can overcome this issue

Thanks in advance
    Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The size of the currently installed and the new version is almost identical, and maybe even smaller – so this is going to be a server related issue unfortunately. The plugin installer file is around 2.9MB, which is extremely small considering other plugin sizes. I wouls strongly recommend increasing the maximum file size limits of the server to at least 4MB, or even more, as most plugins exceed 8MB as well.

Try the automatic updates instead, for that to work you have to activate your license key first.

If you want, you can add temporary FTP and back-end details, and I will take a closer look at the error messages, and try to install the plugin for you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

aprpac74
    aprpac74
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

My hosting company have attempted the upgrade using WP-CLI – see screenshot. Seems there is a problem with the URL?

FTP file transfer is not supported but I can give you access using WebDAV instead if need be.

Thanks in advance
    Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Back-end should be sufficient first, I might be able to see something on the console.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aprpac74
    aprpac74
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

This seems to be indeed a file size related issue, the server is not allowed to accept requests. This needs to be resolved at your host unfortunately, we cannot do anything about it.

To verify I tried to test by uploading PDF and other media files above size 2MB, but they all failed, for example: PDF upload
    Also tried installing a different plugin (Userpro), to make sure it is not ours causing anyhting, same error: https://i.imgur.com/6jjqVzd.png

Here is an article detailing this issue, and possible resolutions. The easiest would be to increase the post_max_size and upload_max_filesize variables in the php.ini by your host – if the issue is caused by that limitation and not something else (like a firewall or different server config).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry, I forgot to link the article, here.
    If the PHP variables are set correctly, check the sections 6. and 7. depending on which server you are using.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aprpac74
    aprpac74
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Just to let you know that the hosting company made some changes as per your recommendation and all is now fine.

They said:
    “Hi,
    the issue was with the FileBird plugin which uses different way to transfer files to the server. I’ve tweaked settings to allow it’s way of transferring files, and I was able to transfer the 20MB PDF file that you will find in uploads.”

I have now been able to manually do the update. The WP plugin update would not work – is this because I bought your plugin through CodeCanyon and hence I will always need to do it manually?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards
    Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great!

The auto updater should also work, but I guess there is a firewall on the server or something preventing accessing our repo – perhaps only allows the official repositories for security reasons, but unfortunately we cannot host there, it is for free plugins only. It is near impossible to tell, I’m only guessing here.
    If it’s okay for you, you should be able to do a manual update though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aprpac74
    aprpac74
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

Let’s see what happens on your next software release.

Paul

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.