Upgrading?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Agrajag
    Agrajag
    Participant

Sorry to bug you with a simple question:

I see there’s an update to Ajax Search Pro for WordPress and I’d like to install it. However, all attempts fail. I’m nervous about deactivating and deleting the older version (one version old) as I do not want to lose all the work we did to get it just the way we like it.

Installing the codecanyon update file gives me a failed message because the folder already exists. What should I do?

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

No problem, it’s a valid question.

Deactivating, deleting an installing the new will not delete your search instances, nor your options. It only deletes the plugin files. However, if you want to be sure, use the Export/Import submenu, to export all of your search instances.
    If you follow the safe update guide, there shouldn’t be any issues. Step 4 is not that important in your case, since you have a fairly up to date version.

If you want to be 100% sure, then you can do the following steps:
    – Make a copy of the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro folder via FTP
    – Export the search options database tables with PHPMyadmin or equivalent program. The table name should be wp_ajaxsearchpro

If you made changes to any of the plugin files, to changes will be lost of course, but there is not much to do to prevent that from happening. Looking at your search I don’t see any strange customisations, so I don’t think you have to worry about that 🙂

One major change is introduces in this version, which is the complete change of the loading images to CSS3 animated loaders. If your loader disappears, don’t panic, just choose one from the new ones, save the options, clear your cache (if you have any) and all is set. This probably won’t happen though 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.