Uploads throwing error when ASP activated

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Uploads throwing error when ASP activated

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by enoversum enoversum 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    enoversum
    enoversum
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

unfortunately I have to bother you with a second issue already while the focus problem hasn’t already been solved.

Since I did the update to the latest version of AJAX 4.8 yesterday, all image uploads in the backend throw out an error message on the site I linked to in the other thread. The file is in fact uploading, taking really long to process, throwing the error message, and then only showing after a reload. The error message is very generic, like: “There was an error while uploading the image. Please try again later.” Nothing visible to me in the console. I have tried the same version of your plugin on a very basic WordPress test installation with few other plugins where it seems to work better.

Do you have any idea what could cause this? Would you need a login?

All the best

eno

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by enoversum enoversum.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Eno!

I will answer the other thread shortly as well, I might need a login, but not for this issue, but the other one with the menu search.

This I was able to check, and indeed there is a problem when error reporting is enabled. One of the image libraries is throwing an error, but nothing serious as the images are indeed created. I’m going to release a quick update later today, tomorrow I will be on a vacation until monday, and I want this fixed until then.

Thank you for letting me know this problem. Once the update is approved, a message should appear in 24-48 hours to update to version 4.8.1.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

enoversum
    enoversum
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

you’re the best, actually :). Thank you for making this a priority before you leave for vacation. The site in question is in a week of testing phase, content is being added in, and the site should be released early next week, so I am grateful you can possibly solve this. Please best let me know here so I can try out the update, if not too much hassle for you ;).

If you ever come to Berlin (do you?), please let me know so I can offer you a beer or something :)!

Best

eno

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Uploads throwing error when ASP activated’ is closed to new replies.