Urgent Issue – Broken Search Field

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Urgent Issue – Broken Search Field

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

 
Keymaster
1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #28159

    Participant

    Hi there,

    Please see attached screenshot. We have “deactivated” the plugin because it was unusable. But when you log in please feel free to reactivate it to test it out. The “error” only seems to appear on a browser where you are not logged in. But a lot of the site’s staff has seen it and confirmed. So please do not give up if you don’t see it right away. It will come if you keep checking in fresh browsers where you aren’t logged in.

    https://dmginvestments.com/

    We are using the “shortcode” function on our page builders “header” builder. Feel free to test it on a new page or wherever necessary so we can fix the bug. We spent a lot of time setting up this plugin and when it works we love it. But we can’t use it if it only works some of the time.

    Thank you,
    Josh

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #28170

    Hi,

    Thank you for the details, it helps a lot.

    From the screenshot I am guessing a cache related issue. It looks like as if the stylesheet was missing – that explains it perfectly. The cache plugin may not have picked up the search stylesheet, and might be serving an outdated version of the page or asset cache, where the styling is not yet present.

    I have tried to replicate the issue by enabling the search in the header module. I tried all the different browsers I had, refreshed like 300 times, but everything was fine. I also tried a few 3rd party website screenshot services, but the styling is all right there as well: https://i.imgur.com/umY706p.png
    The plugin cannot “break” itself like that, it must be a missing asset, which is related to site cache (plugins, CDN, page cache etc..)

    I checked the configuration, everything is perfectly fine. Clearing all layers of cache will resolve this problem in the future. Right now it looks all right, the cache was probably cleared automatically in the meantime and picked up everything correctly.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.