Urgent Taxonomy on result page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Urgent Taxonomy on result page

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by djmhim djmhim 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi team
    It’s mhim who was wanted taxonomy also on search result page
    So the thing is, I want a search result page, which show normal result but if there is not keyword in that taxonomy, then it show a line like,
    Hi, sorry “search keyword” is not available in “taxonomy”. Please contact us. Thanks

Also I want that when some one type something for search, it don’t give the result of posts. Like when someone type “ind” then after a process, it show those few post’s titles which have “ind” in it,, But I want that it show taxonomy which start with “ind” like India, Indigo etc, not the post title etc, these all are in taxonomy. (I don’t know if this is possible or no). So when someone will click on India or Indigo, then it search on that keyword and show on result page.

Waiting for your reply… Very important

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The results page layout cannot be affected by the plugin itself. It can only replace the results with it’s own, but it cannot print a custom text there, it is not possible. I believe you will have to edit the search.php theme file to do that, or contact the theme author for the exact location.

If you want taxonomy terms as well in the search results, you can choose the taxonomies to search for under the General Options -> Sources 2 panel: https://i.imgur.com/ZRblGpS.png

Relevan documentations
    Taxonomy terms as results

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Thanks for your reply
    When I put {phrase} in search result page, it worked perfectly
    I just want taxonomy which is like India etc with it so if someone choose country India and Keyword marketing
    It should show, Hi, marketing is available in India, Please contact us

I have put {phrase} and it show on search result page, you can check. But don’t know about taxonomy.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have looked at the code via FTP in your theme directory, and I have made a quick possible solution for you, which you can customize now.

Please note, that this is not part of the regular support, so I cannot guarantee it will work properly at all times.

The code I have placed to the wp-content\themes\etechaim\views\templates\wp-search.php file is:

If you select a taxonomy, it will display the message with the taxonomy name as you described it, otherwise it will show the search phrase only.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi
    Thank you a lot. This is how I was wanted. You are amazing
    Just one last thing which just noticed. This line is showing even when there is result but This line should show only when there is no result in result page
    Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

HI,

I have added an additional line, now it should display only on non-result phrases.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Thank you
    Where I can find this code?
    Is it same like above or diff?
    Thanks you for your help
    Thank you very very very much

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi
    Thank you
    I am having an issue, fnl.etechaim.com is the testing website. Atchull website is v2018.istudy.mu but when I put this search coding there, it don’t work at all..
    Is there any another coding or setting which you did on fnl.etechaim.com? Because there it’s working but when I put this on v2018.istudy.mu, there it’s not working

Regards

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi,
    I just changed post to get, and it’s working
    Thanks

djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi
    I got an issue
    I have put if someone search a text in taxonomy then it should appear, and for empty taxonomy, it should appear that words.
    Please check http://v2018.istudy.mu/
    And search bsc in any country (Not Mauritius).. In any country, there is no course at all, but still it’s searching and giving all courses, including Mauritius in result page..
    Thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by djmhim djmhim.
    djmhim
    djmhim
    Participant

Hi
    Sorry again
    It was something in setting, It’s ok now
    Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.