URL Structure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Roman Mueller lddd 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roman Mueller
    lddd
    Participant

Hi there,

I added my woocommerce product attribute (pa_size) as extra taxonomy terms filter to the search settings

1) Is it possible here to update the permalink for such search? Right now if selecting any taxonomy term e.g. select a shoe size + enter some keyword. It gives out

/?post_type=product&s=adidas+nmd

Should´t it be something more like

?post_type=product&s=adidas+nmd&pa_size=44,5

2) Maybe possible to create cleaner SEO URL structure here like

/results/adidas+nmd/size/44,5

instead all these parameter bindings to the url.

Thanks in advance

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Roman Mueller lddd.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. Unfortunately not yet. There is a solution under development, currently this partially work only for custom fields, not taxonomy terms. The reason is, that there are too many variations to send the information on checkbox selectors. Some prefer serialized arrays, some comma separated values. This, and other problems with names and values need to be resolved somehow first.
    I will try to implement a basic solution to the upcoming release though.

2. You can change the search to redirect to a custom URL, if you want to. However, please keep in mind, that permalinks need to be resolved on the server side as well, either by a .htaccess rule, or with some sort of function. This option is designed for systems where there already is a custom permalink structure for searches, so it can be adjusted to it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Roman Mueller
    lddd
    Participant

Ok thanks, i will check out redirection. Might be fine as a work around.

feel free to close this ticket.

best regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.