Use a clone on testing site?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Use a clone on testing site?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by enoversum enoversum 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    enoversum
    enoversum
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I just wanted to check in order to not do anything wrong with my license. I bought my own copy for my client sometime last year, plus recommended your plugin for a new customer lately which then bought your plugin. However, since these licenses are meant to be single-site, am I allowed to use multiple instances by having a second copy on my testing server (I sometimes have to test things out before the site or some changes go live)? The plugin itself installs fine, so technically it seems to work, I just want to make sure I am not doing something that is not permitted from your side ;).

Of course, I am only talking about testing, every new customer using it on their site would have to buy their own license. I am a freelancer myself and know to value work :).

All the best

Eno

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Eno!

That is perfectly fine. A test server is not counted as an end product. You can use it in your development process as many times as you want it.

It’s very kind of you to respect the licensing, very few people value the work put in these stock products.

On a related note. I’m not sure if you are familiar with the referral program envato offers, which would benefit you I believe. Here are some details: http://themeforest.net/make_money/affiliate_program

Basically when you tell your customer to buy my or any other authors plugin, you can put your name as the referral, and earn a comission of 30% of their initial deposits as envato kredit (which you can use to purchase items). I’m not sure if you need to become an author for that, but it’s worth a try.

For example the link to Ajax Search Plugin would look like this with your username: http://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/3357410?ref=enoversum

So basically you add the ?ref=enoversum to the end of any codecanyon or themeforest page and the newly registered user becomes your referral.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

enoversum
    enoversum
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

that is good to hear, and obviously you are still believing in the good of people, since you don’t seem to check usage through your plugin. I value that highly, and respect that, as said above :).

Thank you for the referral program tip, it should work with normal users as well. Only restriction I see is that these users have to be new users in order to gain anything from it. But since I don’t do much into trading and referring it won’t bother me as much :).

All the best and thanks like always

Eno

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.