Use taxonomies only

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Peter Harms Peter Harms 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peter Harms
    Peter Harms
    Participant

Good day
    The plugin is stupendous!!
    However, I am probably getting tied up in my own ignorance.
    I have setup 3 different taxonomies with corresponding terms as Categories.
    I am trying to show related posts by taxonomy but cannot get this to work.
    I have setup one instance – ‘Music Type’ – which I would like to use uniquely with posts that use the terms of that taxonomy.
    The Related Posts display on ALL posts, which I am hoping can be corrected.
    If you could please show me how to do this with that taxonomy I am sure I will be able to do this with the other taxonomies.
    I REALLY appreciate your help!

Peter Harms
    Peter Harms
    Participant

Hi
    There may be a problem with the password.
    Please try this one @iEo6R9uil@(@y^$9YyCq7EO
    Many thanks

Peter Harms
    Peter Harms
    Participant

Hello
    I am desperate to get this working the way I supposed it would.
    I do not appear to have received an answer.
    Please let me know whether or not what I have asked falls within the ambits of your normal suppor or not.
    I would really appreciate your urgent response.
    Many thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the details, I looked at your configuration and made a few adjustments. What I noticed that the the ‘fill’ options were disabled, so the plugin was not able to fetch the items matching the categories, as no other keyword relational options were enabled. I have corrected that.
    Now it should display matches from within the matching ‘Music Type’ category. I believe the configuration should be correct now.

What I noticed that the automatic plugin placement will most likely not work, as it looks like that the content filter code part might be missing from the theme (I’m not sure). You will have to place the plugin shortcode either into the posts content, or directly into the theme files. Let me know if you need help with that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Peter Harms
    Peter Harms
    Participant

Thank you very much Ernest. I REALLY appreciate this.
    I will look and come back to you if necessary

Peter Harms
    Peter Harms
    Participant

Hello Ernest.
    Forgive me for being such a nuisance but I seem to have hit another wall here, possibly due to my ignorance.
    I have managed to get the music type instance working very well, after doing some realigning of categories and tags.
    I then created a ‘Videos’ instance with the object of using another taxonomy exclusively for this instance.
    I set the new instance pu exactly as the ‘Music Type’ instance but now have the following problem.
    Under Relevance Options I have selected the available taxonomy as ‘post-gallery_videos. (see the first screen shot please)
    Under Advanced I have excluded all categories that are not relevant to ‘post-gallery_videos’. However, when I try to use the option to select a taxonomy, after I save the system defaults to the Music Type taxonomy.
    I look forward to your response.
    Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Peter Harms
    Peter Harms
    Participant

Hey Ernest
    Please ignore my previous query.
    This plugin is so powerful you need to be on your toes and at your best all the time.
    My apologies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.