User search doesnt work only for Authors

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support User search doesnt work only for Authors

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kognitoweb
    kognitoweb
    Participant

Hi,

I wanted to activate the user search, and activated it only for AUTHORS, however in the Search front-end,
    it still shows contributors, editors etc. This should not strictly, we only want to show the Authors.
    I also activated only Authors in the settings, but that doesnt seem to do anything at all! (Screenshot).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve looked through the configuration and it appears to be correct. I’ve also tried to debug the query and it’s correct as well. I cannot re-create the issue on my test environments either, it’s working on all of them for some reason.
    This might be a yet unknown issue I guess. Can you please provide temporary FTP details as well? I would like to debug through the code to try to find the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kognitoweb
    kognitoweb
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, I have found the problem and fixed it.

The meta field holding the capabilities for each user appears to be prefixed with the database prefix instead of the standard “wp_” prefix. The plugin was looking for the incorrect meta field because of that. I’ve corrected the mistake and of course I’m going to apply this fix for the upcoming update as well, so you don’t have to worry about it in the future.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.