Users missing from search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Users missing from search results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    creativearcade
    creativearcade
    Participant

Unfortunately this is not a public site, so I need to receive permission from the client before providing login information. I understand this makes responding difficult, but I’m hoping you can provide some insight.

The issue I’m seeing is that there are users on the site that are not visible in the search results. When I run the user query generated by the plugin, the missing users show in the search results. However, they do not show in the live search window. The users also show on the full search page.

Can you provide any insight that may explain why these users are being filtered out of the live results? The only filter I have defined for users is to filter out inactive users.

I have attached screenshots showing the database query results and the live results on the site.

In the meantime, I will try to get permission to provide login information.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, it is a bit hard to tell without actually seeing the issue for sure. I can’t see the full query on the first picture either, so I can only guess.

First, I would try to remove the filter, to see if that changes anything, but since you say that the running query returns the users, it’s not likely. If you have any custom codes active in your functions.php file in the theme directory regarding the search results, that may also explain the problem. If the query returns the users, then the issue must be related then to the post-processing, so either a custom code, or something in the plugin post process.

There are only two conditions in the core search file, which may remove a user result, if the layout is ‘isotopic’ or ‘polaroid’ and the images are missing, but that does not affect your case. I am guessing a custom code, but it’s only a guess.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

creativearcade
    creativearcade
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Your tip pointed me in the right direction…I had a function in place to alter user search results, and there was a bug that was mistakenly removing certain users from search results.

Thanks for creating such a great plugin!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Users missing from search results’ is closed to new replies.