Using self hosted fonts

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    warrior7089
    warrior7089
    Participant

Hi, Ernest.
    Just noticed that on each ajax search, HTTP request for getting Lato fonts from gstatic is sent by the plugin.
    Changing the default Results title link font to Open Sans prevented the HTTP call.
    It would be great to have an option in the plugin settings to use self hosted fonts to prevent HTTP calls and their performance impact.
    Self hosted Lato font may include, for example, only English characters after editing original Lato with FontForge.
    It will be smaller in size and there won’t be any need to request it on each ajax search.
    Regards,
    Roman.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Roman,

There is an option on the compatibility settings submenu, that allows disabling all gstatic fonts here: https://i.imgur.com/BKvKDP3.png

It was added to prevent duplicate loading of fonts, as most themes already include some of them. I was researching self hosted fonts, just a few weeks back, but decided to not get into it. Mainly, because the font files, that I would have to include with the plugin would increase the plugin installer size many times.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Ajax Search Pro for WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.