Using URL to pre-populate search options

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Using URL to pre-populate search options

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vincentb
    vincentb
    Participant

Thank you Ernest for troubleshooting this!! Definitely an improvement: browsing to the search page gives the right results (including paging) when initially rendered! However after a quick test I found some variations that are still showing bugs:

1- Only the first page of results is matching the expected results when refreshing the page or navigating directly to the URL from the previous search (e.g., navigate to /search5, refresh — or copy URL, open new tab, paste URL).
    2- Toggling options between all / appreciation=2 / appreciation=3 (special test value), produces inconsistent results (sometimes the wrong results are shown after the first page of results, sometimes the number of results is incorrect).

I have modified slightly the same test case to use again Infinite Scrolling, to ease testing.

I think we are on the right track. Would you please investigate the other 2 potential bugs and let me know?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by vincentb . Reason: added more precise description of the bugs
    vincentb
    vincentb
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vincentb
    vincentb
    Participant
    vincentb
    vincentb
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I got your messages, sorry for the long wait!

Unfortunately I can’t do live sessions, but I am more than happy to help as much as I can. I think I might be able to replicate the issue on our local server, so I will investigate on both ends.

I don’t think I have the FTP access anymore, I did not save the password from the one time link. I delete everything after some time, so no customer data is at risk. Can you please send it again?

In the meantime I will look into this on a local installation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vincentb
    vincentb
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

Unfortuantely I have not found the issue yet. I will keep you updated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.