Way to link each result to a specified URL instead of a page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Way to link each result to a specified URL instead of a page

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by David Brandt David Brandt 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Brandt
    David Brandt
    Participant

Hi! Great plugin!

I am trying to use your plugin on a website that is meant to help Bible students find the best free websites that address their specific biblical questions. (biblicalmedia.com)

So for example, someone might be wondering, “Where Can I Go to Read the Bible Online?”, so they might type that question, or just type a shorthand version of that question, like ‘read Bible online’.

What I am trying to do is have the results show up in the following way – The title for each result would be one possible question that the website thinks the user is trying to ask. And second, the ‘description’ field that would show up (right below the title in the results box) would be the answer to the question, usually a URL I want them to visit (like biblegateway.com, etc.). So currently, I am achieving this by using your search plugin in conjunction with a FAQ plugin. In the FAQ plugin, each entry includes one question (the title), and the answer (the description). So when a user types a question in your search bar, some possible questions and answers are displayed in the results box, drawing from the FAQ entries. (See screenshot below for an example).

Here are some of my questions:
    1. Is there a way to make the description part of the results show up without getting cut off, and without the triple dots at the end (…))

2. Is there a way to make it so that a user could click a link that appears in the results description, and the user would be taken directly to the URL instead of my page about that URL?

3. Is there a way to display custom fields, besides the title or description, in the horizontal results that appears below the search bar?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.