we were spoking by email before

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support we were spoking by email before

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    felippeaugustojr
    felippeaugustojr
    Participant

Hello, Ernest, we were chating by email and you kindly offered to give me a hand in importing a customization you made:

“No, it should take like 5 seconds or even less. Could you please try from a webkit browser, Google Chrome preferred, and make sure to copy/paste the Raw data: https://goo.gl/K4HzNK
    If you have any browser extensions, that may affect input forms, I also suggest turning them off for that brief time.

If that does not work, feel free to open a support ticket and I will try to import it for you: https://wp-dreams.com/open-support-ticket-step-1/

Do you need any other data?
    Thank you very much,
    Felippe

felippeaugustojr
    felippeaugustojr
    Participant

by the way, forgot to write that I tried in both, Chrome and Firefox, and also disabled all extensions, but still it keeps Loading forever.

thank you,
    Felippe

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Felippe,

I think it might have been an invalid option or an inconsistent data stored.

I have resolved the issue by loading the default theme first, then importint it. In case the problem occures again:
    – Step 1, load the default: https://i.imgur.com/jxgSbzQ.png
    – Step 2, import

I will investigate this on my local server to see if I can re-create it. It should be working okay now, I have loaded the theme and save the options for you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

felippeaugustojr
    felippeaugustojr
    Participant

Hey, Ernest

After I received your reply I checked and it still wasn’t working. So I made the procedure you sugested and now despite now I can see the import result in the preview, I still can’t see it on the bar in the home page. In other words, I can see the style in the pluging settings, but it is now being shown in the ajax pro widget. I already cleaned the cache using the cache plugin that I use in the site. Any ideas?

Thank you,
    Felippe

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Felippe,

It is definitely because of cache, I see an older cached, minified stylesheet loaded. I suggest disabling the cache for the time of development and changes. Make sure to clear all layers of caches (page, minify, asset, cloudflare, CDN etc.., then reload the page by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + R), update media query strings. Some cache solutions leverage 2-3 day expiry times, and can be extremely hard to clear them. The search cannot affect the cache unfortunately, it sends an update request, but the rest is up to the cache solution.

I have enabled this option for now: https://i.imgur.com/TrNeLSQ.png
    This will oad the CSS files separately from the cache. I still however recommend properly clearing the site cache.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

felippeaugustojr
    felippeaugustojr
    Participant

Ernest, it worked!

Thank you very much for your effort and patience, I will now test for a few days and then start to buy for my other clients.

Felippe

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome Felippe 🙂

If you don’t mind, in a few hours I will close this topic and mark it as resolved, feel free to open another one if you have other questions or issues.

If you like the plugin, feel free to rate it on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.