Website searching keyword failed

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Website searching keyword failed

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kally
    kally
    Participant

HI,
    Currently i am trying to search my plugin shortcode table contents, but seems like the plugin cant search the keyword. Can you advice or assist on this?
    Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It very much depends on how the tables are stored and printed. If they are within the content as shortcodes, then using the index table engine will very likely do the trick. Make sure to configure and enable it as described.

In case the shortcodes are within the post excerpt (short product description), then it might not be possible to get their content. There might be a solution, but it involves adding a custom code to executed excerpt shortcodes as well.

1. Make sure to have a full site back-up before making any changes in your site files!
    2. Place this into the functions.php file in your active theme directory (copy from line 3 only!):

3. Make sure to re-create the index table after that.

If you need any help with this, you can leave FTP details and I will try to implement it for you. Please note that I cannot guarantee this will work, but it’s worth a try.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kally
    kally
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for your information. Maybe let me have a try first. If still cannot then will just ask for your help 🙂

Thank you so much

kally
    kally
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    kally
    kally
    Participant

Hi there,

Actually i find a way to solve this issue. But might need your advice, how if when i tick the checkbox of categories, and the search function will automatically appear the certain category details?

Thanks

kally
    kally
    Participant

Hi there,

Kindly find the attached image. The search bar there keep loading and cant showing my category detail.
    Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It looks like there was something wrong with the product variation content fetching, and it caused the search to fail – I have changed the following option: https://i.imgur.com/Ghqw0kX.png

Now it should be working as expected.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kally
    kally
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for your assistance. Can you advice that how if i want to filter the item and redirect the page to the category page?

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Do you mean like, when the user clicks on the item, it will not go to the item page, but to it’s category page? It might be possible with a custom code. Let me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kally
    kally
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I still don’t think I uderstand exactly what you mean. Do you mean filtering on the results page (the page content), or do you mean like dynamical filtering (where categories hide automatically)? Unfortunately those are not yet possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.