Where is Search Results Page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Where is Search Results Page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sbrough16
    sbrough16
    Participant

Hi

This plugin is great, the only problem I am having with it is when I hit the enter key I get redirected to a page with this URL, the same thing happens when I click the magnifying glass button.

I have been through all the settings and made changes to some of them but there doesn’t seem to be a way to setup a results page, if that is what is supposed to happen, if the plugin is trying to go to a page where the results will be displayed.

Because I am using Ajax live search I would rather disable the Enter key and the Search button.

the search bar I am working on is here https://grasped.digital/resources/

I have looked everywhere that I can find, I hope you can help.

All I can think of is to try to disable use of the Enter key and the Search button somehow.

Regards
    Steven Brough
    [email protected]

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

The results page is a built-in WordPress feature, and is always handled by the currently active theme. Ajax Search Pro can not change the results page, as it is a WordPress core feature handled by the active theme.
    The results page is invoked, whenever the “s” query argument is present in the URL, for example “www.yoursite.com?s=phrase”. When that is detected, WordPress tells the theme to display the search results.

All our plugin does by default is redirecting to that results page. When the search results override feature is also enabled, it will also tell the WordPress core which results to display on the results page.
    The layout of the page, the functionality etc.. all depends on the currently active theme. Some themes also have support for page builder plugins, like Visual Composer, Elementor Pro or similar, which can help you customize the results page layout.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sbrough16
    sbrough16
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate your help. “www.yoursite.com?s=phrase” Does this mean that the results will appear on the home page http://www.yoursite.com?

It looks like this doesnt work with my theme because I dont get a page with results. I need to disable someone hitting the Enter key or clicking the Magnifying glass. Is there any way to turn off the redirect to the results page? I cant have a search box that redirects people to strange page?

This is where my search box is: https://grasped.digital/resources/

Any help would be appreciated, in the meantime I will keep trying to find a work around for this, otherwise I wont be able to use it in its current state.

Regards
    Steven

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

No, that does not mean the results will display on the home page – only whenever the “s” query argument is present.

If your theme does not have a results page, or has it disabled, you can of course turn off the magnifier and return button actions to do nothing. This documentation will help you with that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sbrough16
    sbrough16
    Participant

Thanks, thats all I needed to know.

Regards
    Steven

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.