Woocommerce tags less strict search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Woocommerce tags less strict search results

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Hello!

I have this situation: I put names of printer models as woocommerce tags. But the problem is that visitor has to input exact name to get results.

Example: Printer name: HP D 5670 Buyer types: D5670 and get no results.

Can the i make tags less strict with results? Or make tags descritption also searchable? So i will input in description all possible type options.

Thanks for your help!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I need a little bit more information on this. I rememeber I solved something similar for you, it was something about product tags. Could you please link a result which should be shown?

Then I will see what I can do for you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Yes. It was about woo products and it was succesfully resolved thanks to your fast and proffessional support! Thanks again.

Ok i am sendind you one search reusult: http://kartuse-tonerji.si/model-tiskalnika/hp-deskjet-f-2410/

It was typed with space between f and 2410. But many visitors will probably just type ‘f2410’ and get nothing.
    I know it is taking yout time. Please can you send me your paypal email so i can send you additional funds for your effort? Great plugin really and i know the money you get is way to low for time and support you are providing.

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Well, I made something that might work, I’m not sure at all. This time you need to alter a different file.

Instructions:
    0. Make a backup copy of the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/ directory, just in case.
    1. Open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/search.class.php file and replace it’s contents with this: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=DBQg2j8d
    2. That’s it, you should try it.

You are the first one to ever offer me donation, thank you very much for that, it means a lot to me. I would have still helped you without your offering.

Here is my paypal email address: [email protected]

Let me know if the solution works, I had only tried it on my test server!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

+ 1 edit

In case you are using exact matches, you should rather try this file instad: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Dtpg9qqX

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Yeaaaah πŸ˜‰ That made it work in most cases. I tried around 10 different scenarios and it worked on 8 πŸ˜‰ That makes me satisfied. I noticed that when there is less then 4 characters (like ‘n92’) its not getting results. But ok, because only small number of printers has that short mark name.
    I hope you will make these changes as option in future updates. I think they are really important for e-commerce solutions. Like in this tricky scenario where there is a lot of mumble jumble words for printers hehe πŸ™‚

Must say, best support i encoutered! Thumbs UP!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No problems πŸ˜‰

That’s my bad, the string-check checks for a character followed by at least 3 numbers. I guess I don’t know much about printers after all πŸ™‚

Here is a final edit, this should work with the ‘n92’ type of printer names as well: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=BumFnQB5

I will try work out something or some way to integrate this thing there, or if I can’t, then I’m still going make a knowledgebase article on this one.

Thank you very much, customer support is number 1 priority to me πŸ˜‰

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Yeap, it now works like charm πŸ˜‰

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great πŸ˜‰

Thank you very much for the donation! I appreciate it!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.