WP Ajax Search Pro in Wp-Admin?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support WP Ajax Search Pro in Wp-Admin?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by maurodalu54 maurodalu54 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    maurodalu54
    maurodalu54
    Participant

I want to use AjaxSearchPro in the administration area of wordpress to power-up the user search.
    I tried using the shortcode in my admin page but it appears the necessary JS and CSS is not loaded.
    What do I need to enqueue in order for the plug-in to work within wp-admin?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no guarantee it will work on the back-end as it is fully designed for front-end use only.

You can try enqueueing this CSS file:

wd_asp()->upload_path . asp_get_css_filename('instances')

..and this JS file:

ASP_URL . "js/min/jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope-sb.min.js"

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

maurodalu54
    maurodalu54
    Participant

Using those I was able to get the url to the files and I added them like this:

wp_register_style('ajaxsearch-style','/wp-content/uploads/asp_upload/style.instances-ho-is-po-no-da-au.css');
            wp_enqueue_style('ajaxsearch-style');

wp_register_script('ajaxsearch-script','/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/js/min/jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope-sb.min.js');
            wp_enqueue_script('ajaxsearch-script');

However as you anticipated, it’s not working.
    It’s a shame because the search is much more powerful then the one available within wp-admin.

Can I suggest to consider this as a feature for a future version?
    The plug-in could easily replace the search on all standard WordPress admin panels for posts, pages, users.

You could possibly include a configurable widget in the dashboard that would show an instance of Ajax Search Pro that would link to the “editing” screen instead of the front-end screen for each resource.

Thanks,
    Mauro.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.