WP Rocket not working with Ajax Search Pro (Lite version seems OK)

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support WP Rocket not working with Ajax Search Pro (Lite version seems OK)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Seamus
    Seamus
    Participant

I subscribed to Ajax Search Pro yesterday. I’d like to bring a problem I found to your attention before I ask for a refund just in case there is anything you can do about it.

Searches work fine with the Lite version and initially seem also be OK with the Pro version. However when I make a backup with Duplicator and restore it later I get WP Rocket messages saying that it cannot configure itself due to “missing writing permissions”. I can fix the problem by manually tweaking the permissions, but I’m back to square one when I need to restore a backup again. The root cause might well be a Duplicator or another plugin but I don’t get the problem without Ajax Search Pro…so it’s a bit of a showstopper. Really I need Duplicator and WP Rocket, whilst Ajax Search Pro is nice to have, so I’ll probably need to move to another solution. I’ve attached a Word document which shows the problem.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details! The document didn’t come through, can you please re-attach it?

Please also let me know what permissions you need to adjust exactly (folders etc..), so I have a complete picture. I have a serious doubd that the problem is related to the plugin, but I’m more than happy to check.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Seamus
    Seamus
    Participant

OK, here’s the file again – hope it sticks this time!

Seamus
    Seamus
    Participant

I’ll try a zipped version in case the ord Doc format does not work!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Perfect, thank you!

I have a possible clue. There are two suspicious lines, where the plugin tries to create it’s directories within the cache folder. My guess is that it may fail with the default permissions and defaults back to the lower ones.

Is it possible to get temporary FTP access to your site? I would try to modify those two lines directly, then you could test it afterwards to see if it the error disappears. If so, then I can include the change in the upcoming patch.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Seamus
    Seamus
    Participant

Do I need to reinstall Ajax Search Pro for this? I dumped it so I could work….but I can put it back if you want!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes please. I will try to change the lines in ajax search pro, then you can try to make a back-up and restore to see if it work. I’m not sure if I can replicate this as it depends on the server configuration, so this might be the simplest way.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Seamus
    Seamus
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks!

All right, I have made the change in web\mascarella-music.com\public_html\wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\Utils\FileManager.php

Can you please test and let me know if the issue is gone? Crossing fingers.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Seamus
    Seamus
    Participant

Whow, it seems to have worked. I don’t have any more time to test it more thoroughly today, but first test was very positive. I’ll send you an update tomorrow!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Perfection, I suspect it’s going to be fine now. Either way, I have made this into a bug report, and should be permanently fixed for the upcoming patch next week.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Seamus
    Seamus
    Participant

Seems to be working fine still. Thanks for all the good work!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great! I will integrate the change then 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.