WPML and multisite configuration

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support WPML and multisite configuration

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    risksoft
    risksoft
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to configure the Form in order to return results from specific language category. For example, the ‘Filtru Arhiva’ is configured to include a single Romanian category (as seen from Frontend Search Settings -> Categories &Taxonomy) and exclude all English categories (as seen from Advanced options -> Exclude Results).
    This is where I posted the form: https://fnt.ro/2017/test/. If you search ‘test’ 2 identical articles will be returned: the romanian one and the english one.
    What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe WPML does not have separate categories for both langues, but I’m not sure. I think those are just the translations of the same categories.

I’m not sure what the problem was there, but I have resolved it by enabling and configuring the index table engine. Basically I have added the archive 2016 blog and the post custom post types to index. Now if I do test searches, I no longer see any duplicates there, hopefully that is resolved.

I believe you can remove the category exclusions as well, that should not affect the results, if they are not related to the current language anyways – but less category exclusions can improve the performance.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

risksoft
    risksoft
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It might be possible, but you have to make sure that the sites you are going to search for are chosen as well on the index table panel: https://i.imgur.com/ZfiASmy.png
    ..as well as the index table has to be re-created whenever the index table configuration is changed: https://i.imgur.com/Osy0gLB.png

Then you can make multiple search instances, and each can actually use the index table engine. For example I see you have a search for archivo 2015 and 2016. So, on the index table panel just choose to index both blogs, then create the index.
    On the search instance options, under the multisite options just choose the correct blog, and it’s done. (you have this correctly)
    You can do that to as many blogs as you want, and create as many search instances as you need.

The plugin cannot change the results page layout, it can only replace the results with the ones from the live results list, if the search is conducted through the ajax search pro search box. If I try to search via the ‘Filtru Arhiva 2016’ search box on the back-end, it takes me to the search results page, and I can see the correct results, linking to the 2016 archive. Is this not working on a specific page, because I tested it from the back-end? I could not find this box on any page on the site, that’s why I tested on the back-end.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

risksoft
    risksoft
    Participant

Hello Ernest and thank you for your support.

Then you can make multiple search instances, and each can actually use the index table engine. For example I see you have a search for archivo 2015 and 2016. So, on the index table panel just choose to index both blogs, then create the index.
    On the search instance options, under the multisite options just choose the correct blog, and it’s done. (you have this correctly)
    You can do that to as many blogs as you want, and create as many search instances as you need.

RE: I was thinking about doing so, but is there a way of showing the subsite’s category posts as a checkbox in the frontend?

The plugin cannot change the results page layout, it can only replace the results with the ones from the live results list, if the search is conducted through the ajax search pro search box. If I try to search via the ‘Filtru Arhiva 2016’ search box on the back-end, it takes me to the search results page, and I can see the correct results, linking to the 2016 archive. Is this not working on a specific page, because I tested it from the back-end? I could not find this box on any page on the site, that’s why I tested on the back-end.

RE: that’s cool. I think I’ve misinterpreted when I was reading the documentation.

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately there is no way to use the sub-site categories in the filters. Those are not accessible via sub-sites. Taxonomies, like posts have non-shared database tables per each site, and IDs would be conflicting. I have tried a few ways to resolve this, but it does not seem to be possible, at least not for now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

risksoft
    risksoft
    Participant

I understand and thank you Ernest for your help.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.