WPML autocomplete issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by bellyfeel bellyfeel 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you very much for all your help so far. I’m still facing some issues with WPML compability. I would appreciate if you can have a look at this.

I have WPML compability switched on. I need to see autocomplete for a current language only but it shows results fot all 4 languages of website translation when I am for example on English version.

Example: I’m typing “camera” to the search box and it’s showing me “camerano (spogliatoio)” which should be an italian suggestion only.

Do you know what can cause this problem?

Thank you in advance.
    Sylwia

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Yes, the problem is that autocomplete in the current version uses an internal method (which should be faster) than the search itself – but only later I discovered that it does not take WPML language into account for some reason.

I have already fixed this, but unfortunately I can’t provide a quick fix to this issue because it affect multiple files. The new version is close to release (3-4 days tops) so I suggest turning off this feature until then. Sorry about that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bellyfeel
    bellyfeel
    Participant

Ok, thank you for your reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.