Wrong path for plugins directory

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Wrong path for plugins directory

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by epiphron epiphron 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    epiphron
    epiphron
    Participant

Hi, I have a WordPress Bedrock installation http://roots.io/wordpress-stack/

Bedrock modifies the default WordPress directories. Unfortunately this means I’m having a problem with Ajax Search Pro.

The asp.shortcode.probox.php has a number of lines (11, 28, 56) which use file_get_contents() instead of plugins_url(), which breaks the plugin.

e.g. echo file_get_contents(ABSPATH . ‘wp-content/plugins/’ . $style[‘magnifierimage’]);

I get an output like this:
    /var/www/wp-site/web/wp/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/img/svg/magnifiers/magn4.svg

Instead of this:
    /var/www/wp-site/web/app/plugins/ajax-search-pro/img/svg/magnifiers/magn4.svg

Is there any way this can be fixed? I can edit the code myself for now, but I don’t want to have to support my client’s sites every time they update the Ajax Search Pro plugin and overwrite my changes.

Best,
    James

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m currently working on the upcoming version and if I remember correctly I fixed this as someone reported something similar with the paths.

I think there are only 3 instances of ABSPATH there in the current version. The fixed lines look like this now:

echo file_get_contents(WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/' . $style['magnifierimage']);

Would you mind checking if this solution is working in your case? A core developer suggested using the WP_PLUGIN_DIR constant as it should hold the correct plugin directory at all times.

I will mark this path issue solved if you can confirm that this solution works, and we don’t need to worry about this in the future versions anymore 😉

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

epiphron
    epiphron
    Participant

Hey Ernest, thanks for the quick reply. I’ve tested your code and it works fine. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.